I meant to edit these photos and post this blog a looooooonnnggggg time ago. I apologize for the huge delay, especially since I promised on my Facebook page that I would publish this the day after I made the cookies. I made them on December 9th so I am a little over two months late.
**way to go, Danielle…**
So I thought I would use salt, but ended up not needing it. So this photo should really be called something more like “potential-understudy-,Salt,-hanging-out-with-the-actual-cast-of-characters”.
Then scoop it out and roll into 1-inch balls. Place them 1-2 inches apart on a foil-lined cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-13 minutes per batch. Watch them carefully not to burn them. Take them out of the oven when they are still a bit soft as they will continue cooking as they cool.
Dee’s Peanutbutter Cookies
Makes 21-24 cookies
(I made 21 kind of by accident, but the nutrition facts are assumed for 24.)
- 1/2 cup natural peanutbutter
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) of butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp (or so) vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup demerara sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Combine butter and peanutbutter, mix well.
- Add demerara sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix until smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, again mixing to a smooth consistency.
- Add whole wheat and all-purpose flour and continue mixing into a moderately-thick dough.
- Roll dough into 1″ balls and place on a cookie sheet 1-2 inches apart.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10-13 minutes per batch.
- Remove from oven while still slightly soft and allow to cool completely before eating.
Nutrition Info (per cookie):
- Calories, 125
- Fat, 7 grams
- Saturated Fat, 3 grams
- Cholesterol, 25mg
- Sodium, 69mg
- Potassium, 23mg
- Carbs, 16 grams
- Fiber, 1 gram
- Sugars, 10 grams
- Protein, 2.5 grams
© Danielle Hewitt (of Loving A Fit Life) and DanielleHewitt.com (including LovingAFitLife.com) 2011 – 2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Danielle Hewitt and DanielleHewitt.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.